Thursday, July 10, 2014

15:00... Say What???

If you have been reading this blog for any length of time, you have heard about miCoach by Adidas.  It was probably one of the first fitness apps that I downloaded on to my phone.  It was mostly love at first use (once I figured out how to adjust the speeds).  I don't always use it, but I constantly find myself going back to it for my walking / jogging / running workouts.  If you are interested in interval training at all, I cannot recommend it enough!
Today marks 2 weeks back in the gym and mostly I have met or exceeded my expectations from 2 weeks ago.  My trainer has already given me a really good strength workout that works my body out well and I have been doing pretty good with my walking as well, following miCoach's Lose Weight Level 2 program.  
Since I am doing my cardio on a treadmill, I have been using the heart rate version to track my workouts instead of by pace.  My heart is definitely not the strongest muscle in my body.  During workouts, I regularly hit 150, 160, even 170.  Last year, I ran my entire race between 175 & 193.  Not really a great heart rate to have as anyone in the medical field will tell you and to maintain that heart rate for the 75 minutes it took me to run the race?  I'm lucky I didn't end up in an ambulance.
miCoach uses blue, green, yellow and red zones for training.  The program I am using only uses blue and green.  Blue is 127 bpm and green is 147 bpm for their lower limits.  As my workouts have progressed over the last 2 weeks, I have seen my pace increase as I try to maintain 127 bpm.  I started at 1.5 mph, 1.7 mph, 1.9 mph, then a jump to 2.3 mph and today I hit 3.0 mph to maintain 127 bpm.  When I had to jump to the green zone, 147 bpm.....  I kept increasing my speed until I hit 4.0 mph, 15:00 mins/mile!!!!  Like OMG!!!  And my foot was not really protesting...  sore, but ok.  If anything, my other foot was protesting more than my injured foot was.
I may not be ready for a race tomorrow, but I got this!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment