Thursday, April 18, 2013

Full Body Cardio Strength Training

The race is over and I have finally recovered from my cold of February & March, so time to get serious in the gym again.  I mean, this girl, she wants some muscle!!!
So I made an appointment on Monday to rework my training.  My trainer told me that leading up to the race I was working on building endurance, but if I am going forward with training, then I need to shift my focus to power.  Also, she wasn't happy with my heart rate during the race, so she wants to try to force it to start behaving.
I was expecting to add weights back to the routine I already had, maybe add a few new exercises...  Yeah...  I should have known better!

  1. Deadlift into a burpee finished with Arnold curl / press
  2. Squats with kettlebell shoulder raises
  3. Rope whip cracks
  4. Rope squat jumps
  5. Mountain climber crossovers
  6. Hip sled
  7. TRX abductions
On Monday, I did 1 set of each of these exercises.  Yesterday, I did 3 sets...  .
My heart spent more time out of zone than it ever has before.  I drank more water during my workout than I ever have before.  I burned more calories than I ever have before.
And OMG!  After my 3rd set of rope squat jumps, I actually collapsed on the floor because it was easier than attempting to get back up!
Some of the exercises really challenge me to push through limits like the push up in a burpee, which I cannot do.  Some are just funny to watch like the rope squat jumps as I have difficulties finding my center balance and almost end up on my rump.  Some make me feel powerful like the hip sled, feeling 260 lbs destroy my body.  Some make me feel weak like the TRX abductions where I can barely complete the set.
At the end of the day, I am exhausted, I am beat, I am dead.  The next day I can't move because my entire body hurts.  But next week, next month, next year...  I will be stronger than I am today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment