Friday, August 10, 2012

Almost on hold, but continuing to push!

I have been working on my lost cause with dedication for more than 3 months now. I am up to 18 lbs lost! (and only 1.8 lb from 20!!!)  This week was a rather large drop and I will not be able to weigh in again until August 23.  Concerned about the weight going back up, but if I keep my hard work focused then I should still post a loss on the 23rd.  I am in the process of moving.  Packing up the old place now.  Painting and moving next week and then unpacking the following week.  Big housewarming / Labor Day Weekend Bash being planned for September 2 to welcome everyone to the new house.  Going to have a very hectic August, already very crazy.  This entire summer has just been a major struggle for me to stay where I want in regards to an exercise schedule & healthy eating.  I have done 'ok', but know that I can do so much better.  I really am hoping that once the weather calms down and I recover from my move that I will be in a much better position.
I altered the pushup challenge.  The challenge outlined by the offical 100 pushup challenge was too strenuous for me to complete yet.  I have changed to a different system although it has been put on hold pending the move.
Also, the Wii workouts have been put on hold as our living room has more boxes than space.  My plan is to go to the park everyday I can for a walk.  If the heat is too high, then I will swim.  If it is raining, then I am either taking a rest day or attempt to find the room for a Sworkit workout.
My water intake has slacked off in the last week or so.  I am working on getting it back on track.  One bottle at a time, one day at a time.
Changes I have noticed:
My belt is almost ready to go down a hole. 
Went to buy more smaller clothes.  I actually put an XL shirt back on the rack and purchased a M shirt!
I have a dress that is fitted on the rib cage.  Instead of rolls, I am starting to see the beginnings of an hourglass.
My shirts that are meant to be snug on the belly are becoming loose.
Almost jogged down the 'big hill' at the park.  So close to makeing it all the way!
I see feel muscle definition developing on my arms and my legs!
Starting to see actual measurement changes.  Small, but they do exist!

I have already packed away my mirror, so no pictures for August but I am super excited about seeing the change in September.

6 comments:

  1. There is always time for a sworkit. Discipline is all you need to focus on. Never let your mind second guess the idea of working out. It is the only way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there is always time for sworkit especially when it starts at a mere 5 minutes, but I don't have the space at the moment. My apt is in moving mode!

      Delete
    2. My apt is almost always in moving mode with running two businesses out of it. I know how you feel with that I've made it a point to block off part of it though for my exercise space. So far the space has stayed clear.

      Delete
    3. Great idea Meg! I am planning my new bedroom space to allow the most workout room possible. That way I won't be disturbing housemates with workouts in the living room.

      Delete
  2. You can do it. You inspire me to not give up Jesyka I love that you are doing a blog and I will be reading it!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support, Meg! Everyone on LI is a constant motivation and inspiration to me as well.

      Delete