Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lil Black Dress

Found myself at Target's clearance rack last night.  While looking for something cute to wear, I found this dress that just screamed for me to try it on.  Nothing special about it, just a simple black dress with an ugly teal belt attached, but still  it found its way into my cart.  It is November and starting to get a little chilly and the dress is a sleeveless dress.  Knowing that I don't have anything in my wardrobe that I could wear over it, naturally I started looking for some type of jacket to coordinate.  I found a faux leather jacket with a simple cut that seemed to match the jacket well.  At this point I head to the dressing rooms to see if I really want this dress.  You see, I am not really a 'dress' kind of girl, a nice skirt, yes, but an actual dress?  Not really...
I try on the dress, cinch up the ugly belt, look in the mirror, and holy cow!  Who is that sophisticated and grown up, almost sexy, looking woman?  Wow!  A dress makes me feel like this?  I can't believe it, but I have got to buy this dress!!!  And the ugly belt?  Who knew that the designer actually knows how to finish the look.  Not only will it get worn, but I need to buy a whole rainbow of ugly belts to change up the look.
I slip the jacket over the dress and the look is complete.
A small fortune (according to my bank account) later and I am walking out of Target with a huge smile on my face.  I need to find a reason to wear this dress and often!!!
I know I still have a ways to go until my goal weight, but with any luck this dress will continue to fit for awhile.  Unfortunately, I don't have the same hopes for the jacket, but this dress is what makes it for me.
I, now, own my first lil black dress!  And, man, do I feel like a woman!!!



4 comments:

  1. YAY for little black dress. Every woman needs a dress. I have come to like them a lot not only because a lot are very comfortable but they can be very forgiving if you gain or lose a couple LBS. More so than my jeans at least... Another awesome post Jes and you look amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, Meg! I have yet to trash any dresses, but pants? Getting ready to replace them all for the 2nd time since starting my journey... Ugh!!!

      Delete
    2. That's very good, unfortunately I do not have that issue yet mine are still getting to small and it sucks. I really need to go movin again instead if just staying steady and not doing anything. Have to exercise and without doing that I have no hope of losing weight...

      Delete
    3. I know you have issues with getting the exercise in. Wanna know how I started? As soon as I left work, I drove to the park. If I was there, I might as well go for my walk. I've been walking for close to 2 years now and as you know am starting to run. It really is an addiction now, but it takes time to get there. Start small. Find something easy that you like to do, make a schedule and commit to it.
      Also, remember the general theme found on LI: You lose weight in the kitchen, you gain fitness in the gym. Pay attention to what you are eating. What dietary plan have you made? For me, I cut out bad carbs and increase veggies. Being an Italian, this was not an easy decision, but I know it helped with that first 10 lbs! I still eat pasta, but have transitioned to whole grain pasta (and can't wait until someone makes whole grain egg noodles), whole grain bread, limit the processed sugar, limit the salt. Obviously this is not necessarily going to work for you, but make a plan, do some research, look on the forum, ask questions, you will find the help you need to get you moving again.

      Delete