Monday, November 5, 2012

Turning It All Over

January 2012 I was turned down for an apartment, but I was determined to move into the city.  I started looking everywhere for someplace to live.  
While driving to check out a very nice garage apartment, I was praying for God to show me where he wanted me to be.  I remember praying for Him to show me where He wanted me to be.  That moving into the city would get me back into His house and allow me to grow much closer to Him.  I fell in love with the apartment and was determined to get it.  
The next day, I was to meet with a Christian woman to do a roomshare.  I was really interested in moving in with someone, especially after looking at the apartment the night before.  Again I prayed the same prayer from the night before, asking for Him to show me where He wanted me to be.  My future roommate walked into my life and I never looked back.  I knew without a doubt that this is where I was supposed to be very quickly.  We clicked immediately!  
My prayers were answered as I found an ideal place to live, a great roommate and even more importantly wonderful friend, and I did get back into church, a fabulous church and family that is helping me grow into a better person and discover the Christian that He wants me to be.
So how does all of this answered prayers relate to Lost Causes and my journey of discovering who I am?  Last night while having a discussion with my friend, I was talking about this story of meeting her and how I received such a clear answer to my prayers, but it took me over 6 months of living, growth and discovery to make the realization that if He worked a housing miracle into my life, why couldn't He find the Mr. Right that I am looking for?  Not that I am in hurry, not interested in a Mr. Right Now, but the real deal, Mr. Right, the one that I will still be with in 50 years provided I am blessed to live that long.  
So I have started praying for Him to show me the way, show me the man that will guide me the rest of my life, the man that will walk side by side with me through this life, this journey, and be with me while sitting at Christ's table in heaven.  Wow!  I can't even imagine how blessed I will be to find this man, but I know that all is in His hands, as long as I can keep myself out of the trouble I always manage to find.
I asked why was I so stupid?  Why did it take me so long to figure this out?  
Her response, 'You are still learning.'
With a friend like this, all I can do is say thank you again for that day that I did not want to move in with a roommate and yet I put my life into God's hands to let Him guide me.  
And I do it again today, tomorrow and the day after.  I want to keep learning every day of my life to pray for more miracles in my life, for His hand to bless me as I walk!  May He bless you as well for reading this and taking interest in my Lost Cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment