Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Angels in Disguise

Today's post is not really weight related, but more life related because of something that has happened in my life over the last week.
Sometime last week I wanted to send a card to 2 of my friends who are very dear to me, but I forgot, got busy and distracted for a couple of days.  I finally got the cards into the mail, sometime...  Don't have a clue when, but I knew they were on their way to spread cheer the old fashioned way.  I kept waiting and waiting to hear that they had received their cards, waiting for them to receive my love!  But nothing...  silence...
Yesterday, I sent a 'Good Morning' email to one of the 2, asking how they were and how the weekend had been.  The response I received was 'not good, tell you later.'  My heart ached to know what was going on, but I didn't want to pry...  I just kept hoping and praying that my card would get delivered, on this, a day of need!
Today, I received a phone call that said 'words could not describe how I felt when I opened your card.'  
When I heard the story of what had happened, I knew there was a reason that I got busy last week and wasn't able to get the cards into the mail when I wanted to.  Because I was needed yesterday!  
Do you want to hear something even more incredible about this friendship?  We have never met!  This person means so much to me, not a single day passes without feeling and sending love!
In today's technological world, I am finding more and more of these people in my world that have become very near and dear to me, but I may never meet face to face!  I have friends in Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Boston, Germany, Idaho, even semi-locally in Virginia.  These people know things in my life that I may not feel comfortable telling someone face to face, or just don't trust someone in my everyday life to have this knowledge, these friends know my ups, and know my downs, share in my victories and hold my hand while I cry.
I downloaded the LoseIt app last April to replace an exercise tracker that just wasn't doing what I wanted... I had no idea the world I was breaking into and being accepted by.  Many of my friends from LI have 'leaked' into my real world, emailing with them on a daily basis, friends on Facebook, texting or calling each other.
The friend who had a bad day yesterday is kind of a co-worker, although these days, aunt is a better description.  She is not from LI, but offers the same unconditional support that I receive from all of my LI friends.
And that is what makes LI so successful!  The support system that we offer each other!!!  We know even on our worst days that someone will say 'It's ok.  You can do it!'
I will post similar statuses on LI and FB, either praise or misery, and the response I get from LI is overwhelming sometimes and generally speaking the first responses on FB are friends from LI as well.  
Even though I am starting a new phase of my journey where I am not really losing anymore, but rather toning and conditioning, LI is so much a part of my life that I know, like so many of my friends that have achieved their goals and are still active on LI daily, I will continue to support my friends!
And something else unbelieveable that is happening?  That positive energy that I feed off of and contribute to, is infecting the rest of my life.  My attitude is becoming more positive, more encouraging to everyone else in my life.  I am finding it easier to get through the bad days, because I know that I really do got this!
AND SO DO YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment