Thursday, May 9, 2013

Full Body Cardio Strength Training - Update

I started my new workout on April 15, so I have done a total of 11 workouts.  Before I go any further, you may want to go re-read the original post.  

  1. Burpee Combo - started at 10 lbs, upped to 15 lbs - also, getting really close to doing full push ups!
  2. Shoulder raises - started at 12 lbs, upped to 20 lbs, using actual weights, not kettlebells
  3. Rope whip cracks - started at 10, will be increasing the quantity today to exhaustion
  4. Rope squat jumps - started at 10, already increased to exhaustion, generally about 15
  5. Crossovers - started at 12, already increased to 20, going to try for 30 today
  6. Hip sled - started at 260 lbs, upped to 350 lbs
  7. TRX Abductions - exhaustion point started at 5, up to 30, changed to include pikes, exhaustion point started at 6, already up to 13
Additional rope exercises to be rotated through my workouts:
  1. Rope slaps
  2. Alternating rope slaps
The gym recently acquired a tractor trailer tire to be flipped the length of the gym and back
  1. Tire flips - I've worked with the tire 4 times...  And am now being told that I need to start doing 1 handed flips...  Guess what I am doing today!!!
The big 'challenge' in the gym right now:
  1. Negatives - These tear you UP!!!  I have tried 3 times.  The first time I fell so fast I had to laugh at myself.  The second time I felt my arms trying to hold on...  and then I fell!  The third time....  I didn't fall!!!!!!!!  Still wasn't a true negative, but I didn't fall!!!!
So....... I am now up to a 2 hour weight training workout, 1000+ calorie burn every time!

And I am loving every minute of it!  I have never in my life felt as good as I do at the gym, or the days that I get to go to the gym or on my way home from the gym!  This is my happy place!  This is when I get to do something for me!

Next Tuesday is the day to get into my 'not quite yet' bag to see what else I can add to my wardrobe!  I can't wait to find out what stuff I can fit back into again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment